Operational Concept JVA Hünfeld
Since January 1, 2006, the federal state Hesse realizes a future-oriented operational model in co-operation with the steep GmbH. This implementation model of a partially privatized prison is an innovative and precedent-setting approach in Germany. For the first time all services needed in a prison were assigned to a private service company.
The cooperation between the federal state of Hesse and steep was initially planned to last five years. After an initial extension of the contract until 2018, the Ministry of Justice of the federal state of Hesse has again extended the contract. Thus, the contract of the state with steep GmbH as a private operator will continue for another three years until December 31, 2021.
- The service range of the steep GmbH includes:
- Psychological, social and pedagogical services
- Organization and operation of the workshops, execution of work therapy and measures for education and vocational training
- Regular sports and leisure time activities (library, prison newspaper, literature circles, artistic and creative activities)
- Building management, cleaning, maintenance and repair of technical equipment
- Sustenance and supply with goods of daily need
- Provision of resident physician and nursing staff as well as operation of the nursing ward
- Central service (support of security, ward and visiting service)
- Support of the state prison service in commercial and other administrative tasks
With these services steep provides circa 40 percent of the staff occupied in the prison JVA Hünfeld.
For welding works, metal construction, assembly services and electro-technical tasks, a total of 4 workshops and approx. 300 pallet spaces are available. The workshops offer our customers outstanding production possibilities. By employing a high number of staff, we are able to realize short-term orders in high quantities.
+49 228 6681 165