Product Support from Initial Design to Market Launch
Interactions between technical systems – electromagnetic compatibility is concerned with the issues that arise in this context. New electrical and electronic products enter the market every day and are expected to be highly efficient and offer a flawless performance.
Accurate planning and testing of electromagnetic compatibility in product development ensures the flawless function of electro-technical products in their environment, meaning that they are neither affected by electromagnetic disturbances in their proximity nor provoke electromagnetic interference at other products. The EMC team of experts of the steep GmbH accompanies customers in this process of product development – from the first draft up to market introduction.
The steep GmbH operates two accredited EMC centers in Bonn and Ottobrunn where testing is conducted with the latest measurement technology. The EMC centers of the steep GmbH and its own calibration laboratory are accredited by the German accreditation body (Deutsche Akkreditierungsstelle GmbH; DAkkS) according to DIN EN ISO/IEC 17025. Additionally, the EMC center in Bonn is certified by the national tempest authority, the German Federal Office for Information Security (BSI), for the German zoning procedures.
Our Measurement Facilities
- Absorber chamber (16 x 11,5 x 8,5 m) for testing of EUT (equipment under test) in a range of up to 60 t including exhaust suction, air-conditioning and an 8 t crane installation.
- Absorber chamber (18 x 11 x 6,7 m) with a rotary plate for standard-compliant testing at 10 m measuring distance
- 3 smaller absorber chambers for distances of up to 3 m, partially air-conditioned and with compressed air, water supply and equipped with fireproof absorbers
- 2 shielding cabins
- 3 TEM cells
- NEMP simulator
- Burst/Surge/ESD test stands
- Automobile test stand
- Laboratory for the calibration of field strength probes and current probes
Whether it is a tiny chip or equipment under test of up to 60 t– our EMC service offers support in technology-related and legal matters connected to electromagnetic compatibility for the following areas of application:
- Emission control
- Defence technology
- Automotive technology
- Marine technology
- Measurement and control technology
- Rail technology
- Medical equipment
- Information technology
Norms and Standards
Our EMC measurements are implemented in accordance with almost all standards, directives and requirements from the civil, military or manufacturer-specific area: